Please find below some information about the site and accessibility options available.
Maitland Australia Day Celebrations will be held in Maitland Park, Walker Street, Maitland.
Maitland Park is mostly grassed with a footpath around the perimeter.
The grounds are uneven in parts
Accessible toilets will be hired in for the duration of the event.
There are additional Accessible toilets located next to Maitland Mutual in The Levee, Central Maitland.
- Maitland Community Care Services – 02 4932 5755 or org.au
- Health Related Transport (Hunter New England Area Health Services) – 1800 660 361
- Isolated Patient Travel and Accommodation Assistance – 02 6767 8343
- Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme – 1800 623 724
- Maitland Taxis – 02 4933 7333, 131 008
There are many car parks around Maitland Park for patrons to utilise.
- Maitland Park
- Accessible parking will be sign posted
- Spaces are limited
- A five minute drop off zone will be implement from 7.00am – 3.00pm.
The Accessibility Tent provides a safe and welcoming space for people with disabilities, their families and carers at events. Inside the tent there are a range of items for ‘Free Hire’ such as vision aids, communication cards, sensory tools and ‘sensory tents’ designed specifically for kids.
The Accessibility Tent is a collaborative initiative between Council, Ability Links NSW and local volunteers. It is staffed by people who understand the value of inclusion and play a role in raising awareness amongst the broader community of the needs and challenges faced by people with disability, their families, friends and carers.
The Accessibility Tent will be available at Australia Day Celebration in Maitland Park, click here to view the Australia Day stall site map.
If you would like to know more, or you are interested in using the Accessibility Tent at your next event, contact Ability Links on (02) 4905 0700 or at [email protected].